This project is scheduled to begin November 2020 and is anticipated to be completed by February 2021. For more information, please see the attached DTPW Fact Sheet for Upcoming Roadway Resurfacing Project 20190211/Work Order No. 7 (NE 21 Ave from NE 185 Terr to NE 191 St). We would like to thank Miami Dade County and the City of North Miami Beach for working together on this joint project.
Upcoming Sidewalk Improvement Project # 20190286 WO3 (NE 203 St to NE 207 St from NE 22 Pl to Highland Lakes Blvd). This project is scheduled to begin September 2020 and is anticipated to be completed by October 2020. For more information, please see the attached DTPW Fact Sheet for Upcoming Sidewalk Improvement Project # 20190286 WO3 (NE 203 St to NE 207 St from NE 22 Pl to Highland Lakes Blvd).
The Upcoming Roadway Resurfacing Project 20190211 – WO # 3 (NE 26 Ave from 203 ST-215 St). This project is scheduled to begin May 2020 and is anticipated to be completed by September 2020. For more information, please see the attached DTPW Fact Sheet for Upcoming Roadway Resurfacing Project 2019021/ – WO # 3 (NE 26 Ave from 203 ST-215 St).
In response to the Coronavirus Pandemic, Commissioner Sally Heyman is providing this opportunity for Miami-Dade County residents to receive free food provided by Feeding South Florida on Friday, May 15th from 9 a.m. – 11 a.m. at Greynolds Park, 18501 NE 22 Avenue, North Miami Beach, FL 33160. Food is distributed first come, first served while supplies last.
Commissioner Heyman with Farm Share and Miami-Dade County Parks Department is doing tomorrow, April 24th, a FREE Drive-Thru Food Distribution Event at Greynolds Park from 9-11am (First Come/First Served Bias, No Walk-Ups). Please share with your friends and neighbors to help to get the word out about this event. Please see the attached flyer.
Hi Neighbors! We need your help. Your neighbors need your help.
Please see the attached community plea below.
What: Donate canned goods, toiletries, masks, gloves, wipes, vitamins
When: Tuesday, April 7th 12pm – 5pm
Where: Drop off Donations – 207th Street – near the back entrance of VABHOE
Why: Your neighbors need your help!
Like and follow us on Facebook and be the first to know about upcoming events and happenings in and around town!
· All recreation and nature centers will be closed.
· All pools will be closed.
· All recreation programs will be canceled.
· All athletic programs, games, practices and events will be canceled.
· New venue rentals for park facilities will not be processed during the above period; existing indoor venue rentals will be canceled.
· All field trips will be canceled.
Parks are now closed to the public.
The operational changes and time periods described herein are subject to change. As such, you are encouraged to monitor the County’s website, www.miamidade.gov/coronavirus.
COVID-19 Miami-Dade County Update from Commissioner Sally Heyman
*Miami-Dade County officials continue to work with local, state and federal agencies in monitoring COVID-19, part of the coronavirus family. The Florida Department of Health is updating information regularly. Read the latest information related to COVID-19 in Florida.
- Individuals in Miami-Dade County who may have been exposed to COVID-19 should:
- Call the Florida Department of Health in Miami-Dade County at (305) 324-2400.
- Call your medical provider (if you have one).
- If traveling to a medical office/facility, call ahead of time.
- Any other questions about COVID-19 in Florida, please call the Florida Department of Health at 1-866-779-6121. For a medical emergency, call 911.
- Senior Centers
- Centers were closed at the end of business day on Monday, March 16, 2020, and will remain closed until further notice.
- County has asked facility administrators to verify that there is a plan in place for seniors to continue receiving meals.
- Miami-Dade County Public Schools (MDCPS)
- All schools have been closed effective Monday, March 16, 2020.
- They will not open until Wednesday, April 15, 2020.
- For more information call MDCPS’ hotline at (305) 995-3000 or visit Miami-Dade County Public Schools updates.
- Miami-Dade County Mayor Carlos A. Gimenez – Closing of Establishments
- An Executive Order was signed on Tuesday, March 17, 2020, to close all on-site services at restaurants, bars, gyms, and entertainment venues throughout MDC, effective at 11 p.m.
- Emergency order applies to:
- Restaurants, bars, taverns, pubs, lounges, night clubs, banquet halls, cocktail lounges, cabarets, breweries, cafeterias, and alcohol and food service businesses with seating for more than eight people, as defined by County code.
- Kitchens will remain open for pick-up and delivery services.
- Take-out and delivery to continue, along with services at airport and seaport.
- Mayor Carlos A. Gimenez – Use of Micro-mobility Devices
- An Executive Order was signed prohibiting the use of all common-use mopeds, scooters, and micro-mobility devices, effective Wednesday, March 18, 2020, at 6 p.m.
- New restrictions ensure COVID-19 will not be transmitted by common-use micro-mobility devices.
- Mayor Carlos A. Gimenez – Gathering of People
- An Executive Order was signed prohibiting the gathering of 10+ people in any parks, beaches, or recreation facilities owned and operating by the County.
- Order went into effect on Wednesday, March 18, 2020, at 9 a.m.
- Strict social distancing of 6 feet recommended for groups of 10 or fewer.
- Miami-Dade Public Library System (MDPLS)
- All libraries have closed effective Wednesday, March 18, 2020, until further notice.
- For more information, visit www.mdpls.org/.
- Miami-Dade County Community Action and Human Services Department
- They have closed all Head Start/Early Head Start locations for the week of March 16-20, 2020 and as planned, they will be closed for Spring Break, from March 23-27, 2020.
- They will continue to monitor the situation and will reevaluate when to safely start up services again.
- For more information, call 786-469-4699 or go to www8.miamidade.gov/global/socialservices/home.page.
- Price Gouging
- Please contact the following:
- Miami-Dade State Attorney Price Gouging Hotline:
- State Attorney General Price Gouging Hotline:
- Miami-Dade State Attorney Price Gouging Hotline:
- Please contact the following:
For the most recent updates and more information, go to miamidade.gov/coronavirus.
|Contact Commissioner Heyman|
| District Office|
1100 NE 163 Street
North Miami Beach, FL 33162
Phone (305) 787-5999
Fax (305) 787-5998
111 NW 1 Street
Miami, FL 33128
Phone (305) 375-5128
Fax (305) 372-6179
Hi Neighbors! Our 7th Food Truck Festival is almost here…..the excitement is building…..so come on down and join us.
When: Sunday, March 15th, 2020 from 5 – 8 pm
Where: NE 207th Street behind VABHOE and HOM schools in Highland Lakes
FOR THE KIDS there will be: Free Balloon Twisting, Face Painting, and Free Ice Cream!
GREAT MUSIC – GREAT FOOD – GREAT ENTERTAINMENT – GREAT NEIGHBORS
Kosher Pizza and Kosher Popcorn and Soda will be available for sale.
And of course, the wonderful food trucks organized by Vicky G. which will include: Moty’s Food Truck – Mediterranean, Beastro Bistro – Latin, Caribbean and local inspired, PapaMix – Venezuelan Cuisine, Cousins Maine Lobster – Lobster Rolls and more, The Market Milkshake Bar – Milkshakes and Ice Cream, Toasted Gourmet Sandwiches, AASmoothie – Smoothies and Fruit Bowls
Your PETS ON LEASHES ARE ALL WELCOME TO ATTEND – water will be provided for our furry friends.
************ THANK YOU TO OUR CURRENT SPONSORS ************
A huge thank you to our Returning Ice Cream Sponsors: Judy Luck Jordan and Mona Silber Heisler!
Mona Silber Heisler – Beachfront Realty – email@example.com – (305) 343-8347
Karell’s African Dream Vacations – African Safari Specialists – www.karellafrica.com (800) 327-0373
Environmental Solutions – Commercial and Residential Pest, Termite, Mosquito, Rodent, Bed Bug Control – BPMENVIRONMENTALSOLUTIONS@gmail.com – (305) 709-2040
Shih-Tzu Rescue – NO KILL dog shelter dedicated to Rescuing and Finding quality lifetime homes for Shih Tzu – http://www.shihtzurescue.org – (954) 680-6456
Temple Sinai of North Dade – Synagogue + Preschool, Religious School + Camp – https://www.tsnd.org – (305) 932-9010
Joshua Levy – Candidate for School Board Miami-Dade County District 3 – (305) 799-0991
Lucia Baez – Candidate for School Board Miami-Dade County District 3 – (786) 361-3279
Raquel Bild-Libbin – Candidate for School Board Miami-Dade County District 3 – (305) 807-36743
Russ Rywell – Candidate for School Board Miami-Dade County District 3 – https://russrywell.com
Marcela Gomez-Bogolmoni – Candidate for School Board Miami-Dade County District 3 – (954) 371-9070
Spirituality for Kids hosted by Ahuva, Stadtlander – Tools to Win the Game of Life – (310) 464-0570 – https://sfk.org
The American Consulting & Social Service League – Marcela Gomez – www.acssl.org – (954) 889-6747
Flippos Hallandale – Indoor Playground & Cafe for kids – http://www.flippos.net – (844) 354-7767
Huntington Learning Center – Aventura – ACT AND SAT Prep – (305) 792-2535 – https://huntingtonhelps.com/center/aventura
Dailyn Mills – Realtor – Keller Williams Eagle Realty – https://kweaglerealty.yourkwoffice.com – (305) 322-1747
Express Mortgage – Eitan Sasson – Mortgage Advisor – www.theexpressmortgage.com – (786) 546-4501
WOW 1 day Painting – Sion Azulay – https://www.wow1day.com
Please come and join us for a fun evening. We are looking forward to seeing you all!