All of the residents in the community bordered by I-95, County Line Road, West Dixie Highway and Miami Gardens Drive are eligible to join the Sky Lake – Highland Lakes Area Homeowners Association. This includes many different subdivisions and the private neighborhoods located within these boundaries as well.
The Sky Lake – Highland Lakes Area Homeowners Association is a voluntary membership organization. Currently dues are $30 for the calendar year. The dues are used to support communication through newsletters and the website. Additionally, the Board of Directors approve different initiatives throughout the year that benefit our community. As our membership grows we have the opportunity to take on different projects that are suggested at the regularly scheduled meetings.
General Membership Meetings
There are generally three meetings a year to keep the community informed about topics that impact our daily lives with guest speakers that bring current information to our Association. The meetings are usually held at the Highland Oaks Park Recreation Building located off of Ives Dairy Road at NE 25th Ave. on Wednesday evenings at 7PM. The meetings are scheduled in the winter, spring and fall.
Benefits of Membership
1. Each paid member of the Association, that provides an email address, will receive notices from the website keeping them informed about important information concerning the community.
2. You are supporting the hard work on the community’s behalf to promote the quality of life for residents such as:
- advocating on zoning issues that effect the entire area;
- providing extra roving security during emergencies;
- involvement in changes to the tax rates in the Special Taxing Districts;
- monitoring new construction;
- promoting traffic and park improvements.
3. The opportunity to participate in events for the membership and the ability to vote on issues raised at General Membership Meetings.